This is an (as yet) very incomplete collection of things related to Modular Ontology Engineering.
Introductions, Tutorials, First Examples
Suggested reading in this sequence.
- Modular Ontologies As A Bridge Between Human Conceptualization and Data (pdf)
- Modeling With Ontology Design Patterns: Chess Games As a Worked Example (pdf)
- A Tutorial on Modular Ontology Modeling with Ontology Design Patterns: The Cooking Recipes Ontology (pdf)
- MODL: a Modular Ontology Design Library (pdf)
- The Enslaved Ontology: Peoples of the Historic Slave Trade (pdf)
- Pattern-Driven Linked Data Publishing: A Primer
- For the CoModIDE Ontology Engineering and Tooling infrastructure, in collaboration with Karl Hammar, see http://comodide.com.
- CoModIDE - The Comprehensive Modular Ontology IDE (pdf)
- Graphical Ontology Modeling Evaluated (pdf) (video of presentation of the paper)
Upper Ontology Alignment Tool
Code is hosted on github: https://github.com/comodide/CoModIDE/tree/bfo-tools
In order to install the tool:
1. Extract the JAR file from the github. It is in the top level directory for the branch.
2. Navigate to your protege installation folder.
3. Navigate to the folder called "plugins"
4. Place the JAR file into that folder.
5. Start Protege
6. Open the view menu -> Miscellaneous Views -> choose Comodide Upper Alignment Tool.
7. Click ComodIDE tab -> Comodide Upper Alignment Tool.
Unsorted Related Resources