Modular Ontology Engineering is an opinionated approach to ontology engineering, by which it is informed by pattern-based methods.
- Modular Ontologies As A Bridge Between Human Conceptualization and Data (pdf)
- Modeling With Ontology Design Patterns: Chess Games As a Worked Example (pdf)
- A Tutorial on Modular Ontology Modeling with Ontology Design Patterns: The Cooking Recipes Ontology (pdf)
- MODL: a Modular Ontology Design Library (pdf)
- The Enslaved Ontology: Peoples of the Historic Slave Trade (pdf)
- Pattern-Driven Linked Data Publishing: A Primer
CoModIDE -- The Comprehensive Modular Ontology IDE
- For the CoModIDE Ontology Engineering and Tooling infrastructure, in collaboration with Karl Hammar, see http://comodide.com.
- CoModIDE - The Comprehensive Modular Ontology IDE (pdf)
- Graphical Ontology Modeling Evaluated (pdf) (video of presentation of the paper)
- The Upper Alignment Tool -- a plug in for CoModIDE
InK Browser -- The Interactive Knowledge Browser
Code is hosted on github: https://github.com/Joseph-Zalewski/inkbrowser To install: 1. Fork the Git repository.
2. Install Flask in a Python virtual environment, with the 'venv' folder in the same directory where you put the contents of the Git repo (see Flask installation instructions)
3. Set the flask_app environment variable to sdbrowser
4. Navigate to the parent of the directory sdbrowser
5. Activate virtual environment (Windows:
7. Open a web browser and navigate to 127.0.0.1:5000/client