Four members of the DaSe Lab - Michelle Cheatham, Aaron Eberhart, Pascal Hitzler, Cogan Shimizu - visited the 16th International Semantic Web Conference, ISWC 2017, this year in Vienna, Austria, which is the key conference in the field.
And we kept rather busy there. The activities we were involved in were diverse:
- We had several papers and posters at workshops, listed below.
- Michelle Cheatham co-organized both the OM and PrivOn workshops.
- Pascal Hitzler co-organized the HSSUES workshop and the ISWC2017 Journals Track.
- Pascal Hitzler gave keynotes at both the WOP and WOMoCoE workshops.
- Pascal Hitzler is on the Steering Committee for the WOP workshop series.
- Pascal Hitzler held the Editorial Board meeting for the Semantic Web journal in his role as Editor-in-Chief and chaired one of the sessions of the main conference event.
- In terms of PC memberships, we had Michelle Cheatham (posters and demos track), Pascal Hitzler (resources track, PhD symposium, senior for the research track; and for RBM and PrivOn workshops), Adila Krisnadhi (research track, industry track, WOP workshop), Cogan Shimizu (WOP workshop)
- Reihaneh Amini, Md. Kamruzzaman Sarker, and Lu Zhou contributed as multiple subreviewers for the resources track, the research track, and the in-use track.
- David Carral, Pascal Hitzler, Hilmar Lapp, Sebastian Rudolph, On the Ontological Modeling of Trees. WOP 2017.
- Michelle Cheatham, Charles Vardeman, Nazifa Karima, Pascal Hitzler, Computational Environment: An ODP to Support Finding and Recreating Computational Analyses. WOP 2017.
- Pascal Hitzler, Aldo Gangemi, Krzystof Janowicz, Adila A. Krisnadhi, Valentina Presutti, Towards a simple but useful ontology design pattern representation language. WOP 2017.
- Cogan Shimizu and Michelle Cheatham, An Ontology Design Pattern for Microblog Entries. WOP 2017.
- Lu Zhou, Michelle Cheatham, A replication study: understanding what drives the performance in WikiMatch. OM 2017.
In addition, Pascal Hitzler wrote a blog post on key insights from the keynote delivered by Google's Jamie Taylor at the conference.