Call for book chapter proposals for A Compendium of Neuro-Symbolic Artificial Intelligence
We recently published a book entitled Neuro-Symbolic Artificial Intelligence: The State of the Art (see https://ebooks.iospress.nl/ISBN/978-1-64368-244-0 ) which contains invited overview chapters by selected authors.
Due to the success of this book, and because there is much more work on the topic that we have not been able to include, the publisher has agreed to a new and more comprehensive volume.
The new book will be entitled (tentatively)
A Compendium of Neuro-Symbolic Artificial Intelligence
and at this time we are requesting book chapter proposals. We are understanding the topic in a very general sense, i.e. in scope is any research that includes both artificial neural networks (and deep learning) and symbolic methods; see e.g. http://doi.org/10.3233/AIC-210084
A book chapter shall be an overview of a line of work by the chapter authors, based on 2 or more related publications in quality conferences or journals. The intention is that a large collection of such chapters will provide an overview of the whole field.
To contribute to the book, please provide a brief book chapter proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by the
Deadline July 15, 2022
consisting of the following:
- Title of the chapter
- List of chapter authors
- A brief abstract (one paragraph)
- Approximate number of pages (see the front matter in the above linked book for approximate formatting)
- The list of already published conference or journal papers the chapter will be based on
We will notify contributors by July 30 whether their chapter will be included.
Further please take note of the following:
- The deadline for the chapters will be October 31, 2022.
- We will do a light cross-review for feedback (since material is based on already peer reviewed publications)
- Each contributing author will have to be available to review at most one other chapter within 4 weeks.
We expect publication of the book in the first half of 2023.
We are looking forward to your contribution!
Md Kamruzzaman Sarker